Hi all, This is my first post... My son is 23 and was diagnosed with psychosis when he was 17... He's been in & out of hospitals & supported housing since he was 18, the last supported house he was in ended up having no support (due to cuts, grrrr!) so he really went downhill from there...

He has been back in hospital since August so it's been 3 months now, he is due to be discharged next week but i'm really worried about he'll cope (he's never had his own flat) He had a day at his new flat today (he'd never been before) He got the flat & then went to hospital, so I did the whole flat up for him... Today started well but then his 2 older brothers came over & it slowly all went wrong, he went & sat in the shed with a book to write in & then half an hour before he was due to go back to the hospital said he didn't want other people there, I said he should have said straight away & they would have gone - I also said that I had to be there as it was a supervised visit... He has also been told he can have the weekend at his flat, supervised if today went well.

Can I just add that since he's been in the hospital he's ran off a few times...

When it came to going back to the hospital he was getting really edgy & I explained it'll all be fine cos he's got the weekend at his flat & i'd make sure nobody but me would be there but me... When we got to the hospital, he ran off again but came back after a while. I was so upset, I wish I could get through to him - he hates the staff & doesn't trust anyone... we had a chat & he cried (which he doesn't do often) & I just feel so helpless at the moment...

He's had problems since he was 4, adhd & he's on the autistic spectrum - I feel worn out but really want to know what I should do to help him next week when he moves into his flat... I won't give up on him but need to know what to do.

Sorry for the long post, there is lots more but i'd be here for a year!!
Any help would be great, thanks Dee x