Struggling to cope caring for husband with anxiety

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Natalie
Your "me time" is precious and necessary. Put it in your diary and guard and protect it, build imaginary walls around it and do not allow the outside world in. Even if you use it for something simple like having a bath or reading a book, it is worth its weight in gold. You have to develop a tough attitude to defend it and be ruthless in only doing caring tasks outside of "me time". Even if you feel everything else won't fit outside of "me time", then something outside must be dropped or delayed. If it is difficult to have "me time" at home then find somewhere away from home .
I really can't emphasize enough how important this is. It might be difficult at first and feelings of guilt will bubble up, but be strong and persevere. You have earned and deserve it, it will be vital to your well being moving forward. Start now, and stick to it
Xx
MrsA
Thank you. I will make it a priority from now on x
When my kids were young (the youngest has learning difficulties) always locked the bathroom door and refused to talk to the kids if they tried to get me to answer. I'd tell them to ask daddy or wait.
Now, I say my holidays are "non negotiable". The care agency that care for the youngest with LD once sent me an email saying they hadn't arranged any care while I was away. I'd told them and SSD that I was going weeks earlier, so just made a formal complaint and flew off. My life isn't my own for 48 weeks of the year, so I'm going to make sure the other four are really special.
No.1 son (now 41!) always says my holidays are a waste of money, not to me they're not. Anyhow it's my money, so I can spend it how I want. Just bought No.1, who lives with me, a pile of Aldi pizzas for when I'm away next. He always appreciates my home cooking when I get back!!!