Son with schizophrenia deteriorating

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Thanks BB for your message, it is so difficult. I have not got any further with my son. He is more paranoid than ever but not a risk to himself or others. Is spending most of his time telling the police and council housing department about his suspicions about the ‘dodgy’ area he lives in, people staking him out etc., thefts from his room. He has asked to be rehoused because of these ‘dangers’. Was told there was a 3 to 4 year waiting list, was ranting on about that and everything else eg people taking things from his room- and putting them back to make him paranoid. I found out yesterday that he isn’t taking the higher dose the psychiatrist advised... he’d implied he had been. Felt devastated. He got quite shirty when I said it’s what the psychiatrist advised. He said he was responsible for his his health, not me. Then denied the psychiatrist had said that.

The worrying thing is he has said he doesn’t feel safe in his house and might go and stay in a hotel. I’ve told him that’s definitely not a good idea but if he does that I would ring the police.

I am going down to Dorset on Christmas Eve to spend a few days at my daughter’s house together with my son.

I can only sleep for an hour or two then am awake for a couple of hours because am so worried. Having a cup of tea now.
X
Just to let you know you'te not the only one of us awake at this hour. I'm afraid I don't have anything helpful to say but I thought you might like to know your voice is being heard.
Thanks NHShater, it was good to read your message at that time of the morning.
X