[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Some changes are comming - Carers UK Forum

Some changes are comming

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Did you know about "New Ways of Working"? This new scheme is probably affecting every body who need medical support.

For mentally ill people and Carers, take a look at:
http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsand ... /DH_074490

There was a meeting held locally yesterday which was chaired by a consultant. The leaflet looks nice and carefully worded but, it is all about cutting down the cost. Some points are understandable and it will help to empower patients rather than disablling them. This new scheme will - hopefully - help severely mentally ill people to be more focuced and supported...

My concern is about new patients and new Carers. No matter how long they are struggling to live with mental illness, a real start is when patients are allocated a psychiatrist or/and Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) not just having a GP. For some people, like myself with mild depression can be treated with medication and some other therapy from GP (priamry care) but quality is not the same as getting support from consultant (secondary care) alghouth it is never enough.

Any one who are thinking to get a psychiatrist, I may suggest to speak to GP asap. And get a referral now!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention - at the moment my poor head will not take it in, but I will save it and look when I feel better.
I know that there are big changes ahead for the Mental Health area. In Peterborough they are bringing in a new Peer Support Worker scheme. It's an idea started in America (of course) where they will employ people who have recovered from Mental Health illnesses to support in the hospitals people who are newly diagnosed. We went to a meeting last week about it. The idea being that only those who have suffered themselves can know what another person is going through and hopefully be able to help, because of that.
at the moment my poor head will not take it in, but I will save it and look when I feel better.
Of course, Caring_Miind. Hope you are ok-ish.

I have not read the whole document yet! I only had a look at the leaflet then went to a group meeting. The consultant was a nice doctor who really cares about mentally ill people and Carers. His wits and humour are much appriciated as all the group members had a good laugh while serious discussion. I hope this new change will deliver better service...