Schizophrenia and relationships

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi
I'm a newbie here so forgive me if this topic's already been aired. My son was diagnosed with schizophrenia 6 years ago. He was doing quite well on medication until early last year, then he started struggling and eventually had a major relapse in December. He was sectioned and he's been in hospital ever since. None of the medication seems to be helping him. I'm ready to give him whatever support he needs to get back on his feet and stay there. However, he now believes that I'm evil and he doesn't want me involved in his care at all. Several years ago, after his first major psychotic episode, he told me that he'd thought that the devil had taken over my body. This explains the hatred he showed towards me then - it was directed at "the devil", not me. I think this delusion may have returned, but as he doesn't want to talk to me there's no way for me to find out. I worry about him a lot- as his dad I want to be there for him but his illness is preventing this. I really don't know what to do and this is becoming a source of stress for me. I suspect that this problem is quite common, and that it probably affects parents, partners, siblings, friends etc quite differently. However, I'd really be interested to hear from anyone who's had a similar experience. How long did it last? Did it end naturally or did you or someone else do something to resolve the situation? Who can you turn to for advice?
Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve, Have just sent you a pm as I am in a similar situation to you.
Damn iwas just oging to put-- u need to send pamela an PM and she already has!

welcome tot he forum.

Although i cant offer u any advise i got a fair set of ears so good at listening!
Hello and welcome, I am sure you will find the help and support you need here.