[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Psychosis - can anyone help, please? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Psychosis - can anyone help, please?

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi Starfish, so very glad that things are moving for you now, although the levels that things need to reach before anyone takes notice is something else. I am pretty familiar with the "risk" issue and I dearly wish I wasn't - I have two close family members with psychosis "issues" and the subject is a raw one for me too at present.

Please keep us updated x
Wanted to report that he is now in hospital. In the end he came home too late (calculatingly so) to do anything about it . I just pointed out that he had only two choices left - to go to our local hospital with me while it still had a bed free or to wait till they tracked him down, at which point the local bed might have gone and he'd have to go somewhere further away. As he gets better he likes to spend his day release time in our own town with his mates, and he has had some grim experiences in other hospitals, so that did the trick. Didn't stop him shouting at me for turning him in, though! ;)

Ladybird - Thankyou for your good wishes. I'm so sorry the subject is so painful for you. Stephanie - you have my sympathy; I hope you can get help for him quickly. It always happens at the weekend when no-one's in the office, doesn't it?
Glad to see things have been resolved. Make sure you attend the ward rounds so when he does come back into the community then you at least have some idea what is needed to provide care. I hope you can also get your carer's assessment as well. The care coordinator should do your assessment.