[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Please help having a melltdown with husband bpd - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Please help having a melltdown with husband bpd

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
The threat is always hanging over me. Im always worried about things at home when im at work but i try to shut off as i need to earn money. He just keeps saying the kids are fine they getting help as the go to elsa at school. He doesnt often see pass his own needs i have to sort the rest. Ok he is good with the little ones over night and he lets me sleep so i can cope but its what i face when i wake up like his low mood it drags me and the kids down. I think he would be better at his mums for now until we get him stabalised. But apart of me resents him for being able to leave and have a easy life. Its rediculous the amount of mixed emotions x
Jess
I found this Australian website that has lots of useful stuff for carers of bipolar.
The well being section and how to cope section seem ideal for you
http://www.bipolarcaregivers.org

Hope it helps a little
Xx
MrsA
Amazing thank you this is really helpful xx
I'm afraid you can't have it both ways.
Surely it is better that he goes to his mum's house so that your children are not constantly exposed to his behaviour?
If they are not sleeping well at the moment, perhaps this could be because of the atmosphere in the house?
You can now plan your time at home round your children, have an organised bed time routine, etc.
I know you say you must work, but it might be worth considering reducing your hours, or giving up altogether, and claiming benefits for a while. I really don't want to go into this, other than signpost you to the Carers UK helpline, who can give you confidential advice.
Hi I left my partner with Bi Polar I think there is only so much you can take. And I didn't want my daughter to witness his erratic behaviour and verbal abuse any longer.....or for her to end up looking after him when she's older.....
So hopefully taking her out or this situation she can see what its like to live a normal life.

If they wont take responsibility for their illness ......Walk away.

Regards
Fiona