[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nothing is changing & son is suicidal... - Carers UK Forum

Nothing is changing & son is suicidal...

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi all, For those who don't know my son who is 24 has schizophrenia... He has been in hospital for over 8 months now (moving him from one to another - see other posts) This week he has been phoning me from the ward & asking me to get him a helium exit bag (I didn't even know what this was) he said he wants to die & knows he will never enjoy life again. I don't know what to say to him, i've tried saying that things will get better but I feel like he's been so let down by the system that i'm not surprised he's feeling like this Image

I've also looked up this helium exit bag & i'm shocked to see so many suicide sites online - I think it's disgusting how people encourage others to kill themselves when they are clearly too ill to make that decision.

Dee x
Hi Hazyrain, I'm so sorry to hear things aren't improving for your poor son and the system is adding to his stress. I hope the medics at his latest placement are able to help him.

Thinking of you both,

Melly1
Hi, I found websites like this a great help. I know the site name sounds bad but I found http://www.suicideforum.com a GREAT help! I still use it for my mother and sister who are suicidal. It is NOT a pro-suicide forum and offers so much help to people.

Through having a family member talk about things like this to me I understand how hard it is to hear it. I feel that the mind is just on a self destruct mode and I wish I knew the cure... My sister is much better now (She is 28 now but this started at 18 till 26) so things can get better. She was in a hospital for a long time but pulled through.

I hope YOUR ok. It is so hard to hear things like this come from loved ones. The only thing I can say is that they are not well. I hope he gets the help he needs.