[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mh getting worse - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

mh getting worse

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
89 posts
Hi there . How long have you suffered like this? Have you had medical tests done to see if you have any physical underlying problems? Have you had a mental assessment team come out to you? I know when I first started on antidepressants I couldn't. Get out of bed , I shook felt sick and thought I was going mad I wanted to stop because the depression seemed easier to cope with than the side effects of the tablets. It was two months of hell. But slowly and it was slowly I saw a small light at the end of the tunnel. Even now I battle every day. You will come out of the darkness at the moment you are ill . Like any illness you are laid low for a while, but things will go full circle. It could be you soon offering others words of comfort because you feel for them. Just get through today- .talk if you need to I will check for your comments, every day. Take care for now x
Hi there . How long have you suffered like this? Have you had medical tests done to see if you have any physical underlying problems? Have you had a mental assessment team come out to you? I know when I first started on antidepressants I couldn't. Get out of bed , I shook felt sick and thought I was going mad I wanted to stop because the depression seemed easier to cope with than the side effects of the tablets. It was two months of hell. But slowly and it was slowly I saw a small light at the end of the tunnel. Even now I battle every day. You will come out of the darkness at the moment you are ill . Like any illness you are laid low for a while, but things will go full circle. It could be you soon offering others words of comfort because you feel for them. Just get through today- .talk if you need to I will check for your comments, every day. Take care for now x
Had mh issues all my life but since I wrote this post been getting worse and worse I was under mh team until had therapy soon as that ended they dumped me found out could have used services but was left in limbo and had to struggle been in A and E got told how I feel and they assumed why I was there had a follow up with some young lady who said I was coping even gp spoke to people and has got no where I do have physical problems I have epilepsy ME ibs fibromyalgia and sometimes it does get blamed on physical stuff but I did not have physical stuff when I was younger so I disagree yes it does not help but the professionals look for a easy option which is oh you have this this and this wrong that's why you feel bad seeing things having nightmares scared to leave home seeing things and hearing things being high then low is not physical I give over telling anyone well have no one to tell only gp and told him last week how I felt
Hi there tracie x You are obviously in an awful lot of pain physically and mentally! If you have suffered mentally for many years have you, like me developed the ability to look ok outwardly but be in inner turmoil inwardly? People mistake this for coping. And it's not! Have you tried writing down honestly how you feel and the fact you fear for your safety due to your mental state. Take a copy put one in an envelope dated and signed seal it put on for the urgent attention of( then your Gps name) leave it at reception go home. Give it two or three days if no one contacts you make an appointment at your Gps take your copy of the letter and tell him ( her) you wanted your feelings in black and white for future reference . Whatever the outcome or if you don't want to do that you will still get support from me and the other good folks on this forum. X
Thanks

Seeing gp tomorrow
Good luck Tracie, thinking of you and hope you get the help you need.
Hi tracie so glad let us know how you go x
Be pointless he hill keep me on meds

Had enough of fighting for help which I have stopped asking now cope my way which is not always good especially with the impulsive behaviour
Hi tracie all you can do is try . It's rare a doctor would change meds until your a couple of months down the line anyway . I have tried six different types of antidepressant over a period of fifteen years and have only managed without them for about four horrible months. Don't give up - however impossible it may seem- it may take a long while if you give up you will never get things sorted. There are lots of us who feel similar to you trust me. Just keep going . Speak again soon x
I have been on this med years and this has been the 2nd it's been increased and caused mania but no one listens to me so no point
Hi there. Then perhaps it might be time for a change . Talk about it with your doctor. If you are on any other medication he ( she) will know what will or won't work. It seems obvious that if you've been on the same meds for years and don't feel any better something needs to be done . Tell us what happens after your doctors appointment . Ttfn
89 posts