[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Just want to say hi! - Carers UK Forum

Just want to say hi!

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi everyone,

I joined up a month or so ago but just wanted to say hi and get to know some people. I care for my husband who has bipolar and dyspraxia and I'm just looking to meet some people who maybe deal with similar things to me.

I've cared for him on my own for a few years now and I do have friends and family around me, but I do feel really lonely sometimes. I struggle sometimes with calling myself a carer as I feel I'm doing the same as anyone who loves someone would, but then sometimes I'm so exhausted with it all that I know it's more than that.

Anway looking forward to meeting all the amazing people here who do above and beyond - your stories and posts have been a real inspiration to me.

Sharon x
'hugs'
Thanks Image Hugs are the best!
Hi Shygirl. Welcome to the forum.

My husband has Bipolar. Image
Thanks piscesmaid! Nice to meet you Image
Welcome to the forum.
Nice to meet Carers who are like me (looking after spouse).

I used to live in Oxford (central & N/central area) - over 8 years agao! Is there still problem of flood around Thams? Image
I'm in south Oxfordshire and we don't really have problems with flooding as we're a bit away from the river, but last year was awful flooding in the central bit. My friend was getting married and I was drenched going from the car to the door Image
Welcome to the forum Shygirl.Hope you have time to look round the main site too.So much information to be found.

You will find many more ladies on the board who like you are shy Image Image Image Image
Thanks Rosemary. I've been having a look around and everyone has been so lovely.

It's nice to have somewhere to come, even just for a chat Image

(P.S I'm not really too shy, this was a childhood nickname when I was painfully shy, but life soon beat that out of me!)
I love your name and pic.

Forum open 24/7 and usually someone around.Good to have you on board Image