[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Is it possible to get depression from lockdown? - Carers UK Forum

Is it possible to get depression from lockdown?

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
I have never had any mental health issues before, so I have no idea what is going on and I could be way wrong, but I have just been overly emotional lately, and crying for no reasons and just overall getting upset over everything. My fiance works away from home every 2 weeks and I have just been feeling more alone than usual.

I have no idea what is going on but at time point I am just tired of everything and have no energy for anything. I am not physically tired, just mentally drained from everything.

I have hypothyroidism and have recently got my dosage increased. I know it is not that because my meds give me insomnia, not emotional.

I just had my period so I don't know if it is from that but I've never been that emotional around my period before. I just don't know what going on and I am sick of feeling like this. It is causing strains in my relationship because I'm taking things the wrong way and getting upset.
Hi Ashil

It may well be hormonal as you are still having periods. Can I ask if you are possibly perimenopausal. It can knock a lot of women off balance and don't let people tell you that you are too young or too old for it. People can be perimenopausal for up to 8 years before menopause. If you have thyroid issues they are closely linked to hormones so this would be my first thoughts rather than depression.
You've not mentioned any caring responsibilities, do you have any and have they increased recently?