[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
O.C.D - Carers UK Forum

O.C.D

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
when my brother was 12 he had a break down caused by the death of our dad and some other things that happened in the months following. He is 24 soon and has not left the house in 2 years. His OCD's mean he can only eat once a day at a certain time and that he cant wash properly or he washes until his hands and feet bleed, he cant cook for himself or clean up after himself for fear of infection or contamination. He also has a depression disorder and seperation anxiety along with insomnia.

He has so many friends who come down and see him all the time, offer to take him out. But he just wont go - i havent been his carer for long, mum used to be his carer but she got to sick (so im her carer now too)

Anyway, my brother is now being looked after by CCT or The complex care team. and i have to say, i am so happy! he has improved so much and actaully took the rubbish to the bins yesterday! He sat in his friends car and is trying to clean up after himself (though he does need to wear rubber gloves) - so this is a hopeful post, a 'light at the end of the tunnel' post Image
What a lovely positive post Image Your brother seems to have turned a new corner. I do hope he continues to make good progress and you must be so proud of him. It must of taken him a lot of determination and will power to get to where he is right now. He desreves a big pat on the back Image

With best wishes RRB

My signature seems to be so fitting in your brothers case Image
lovely to see such a positive post Image
Long may the improvements continue Image
RRB - thank you Image and you will be happy to know i have just made a little poster with your signature quote and hes stuck it at the end of his bed!
RRB - thank you Image and you will be happy to know i have just made a little poster with your signature quote and hes stuck it at the end of his bed!
Aaaawww thats lovely, that has really made my day Image brilliant. Big hugs to you and brother (((((((hugs))))))) RRB X
so pleased your brother is doing well. Its such a big big step for him. Its lovely when you read things like that Image Im so happy for you both Image best wishes, india.