[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
will i stop crying today - Carers UK Forum

will i stop crying today

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Will i stop crying today
Ring Social Services and ask for EMERGENCY respite. Don't hold back. Clearly you are having a crisis moment and your needs must now come first.
He is now i mental health unit. 10days minimum. Drugged up to the hill.
I'm sorry it's come to this, but under the circumstances it's good news. Make absolutely certain that you have a Carers Assessment as soon as possible from Social Services. Regardless of whether or not your OH has had a recent assessment, you are still entitled to yours.
What is this carers assessment. No one has mentioned it. Lots of people saying "here if you need anything" but what do I want. What do I need apart from a magic wand and a pain killer for this headache!
Be kind to yourself today. Have a long warm soak tonight and wash away some of today's stress. Tomorrow, make a coffee, then sit, relax, and click on "Help and Advice" above. Take some time to look at the information, work out on a piece of paper what to do next. I bought a Relate book after I was widowed, called "Starting Again, by Sarah Litvinoff". Mainly designed for divorcees, it looks mainly at making a new life, what went wrong before, where you want to be in 5 years time, etc. etc. It seems that you may have had a "watershed" moment, and that things from here must be different. In the meantime, can you manage to have a massage or similar, just because you are worth it?!
Ok. Thank you