[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
eviction due to noise nuisance - Carers UK Forum

eviction due to noise nuisance

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi a person I care for live with has manic bi-biolar which causes a lot of argument s neighbors have complained and been issued with the threat of eviction she does see the consequences and behavior continues especially when been drinking has anyone had experience of this ? Or got any advice please thanks in advance ( the neighbors are right argument s are loud) but its part of her mental illness. :S
What is she arguing about? Who with? An argument takes two. One needs to walk away.
Can you take her booze away?

Alternatively, can she be prescribed tranquillisers to quieten her down?

Even if you don't 'argue back' she could still be ranting and raving. I remember that from my own mum. On a bender she would stalk around the house yelling, even if the rest of us were hiding....

I have every sympathy with the neighbours alas. I know your caree is mentally ill, but that doesn't really give her the right to make other people's lives hell. (sigh) (MH doesn't improve the character of those it afflicts, sadly.....)
lesley_1507123 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:21 pm
Hi a person I care for live with has manic bi-biolar which causes a lot of argument s neighbors have complained and been issued with the threat of eviction she does see the consequences and behavior continues especially when been drinking has anyone had experience of this ? Or got any advice please thanks in advance ( the neighbors are right argument s are loud) but its part of her mental illness. :S
I think Shelter maybe able to answer your questions
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice
A lot will depend on the type of housing and the tenancy
Mrs A, I don't think I've ever disagreed with you on anything (you always write SUCH good sense!)I(and with huge compassion too), but I do disagree with you on this.

The issue here is not to avoid eviction - as it would be WELL deserved! The issue is to stop the caree being such a nuisance in the first place! I appreciate it's not their 'fault' - as in, they are mentally ill - but that doesn't make it any more endurable for the neighbours!

My sympathies are entirely with the other tenants complaining about the noise and disturbance. It's totally unfair that neighbours should be subjected to this, and therefore if no way can be found to 'quieten' the caree, then yes, they SHOULD be evicted!

The problem is, of course, evicted WHERE - ie, where can they be rehoused such that they no longer are a nuisance to their neighbours!

Personally, irrespective of the cause of the noise nuisance (in this case mental illness), I can't for the life of me understand why noisy people aren't always housed next to each other, where they can be a nuisance to each other, instead of them being inflicted on non-noisy people!

I love those 'gated communities' we hear about in the USA sometimes, eg, in Florida, where there are STRICT rules on nuisance! My ideal!