[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ESA health assessment - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

ESA health assessment

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
If you look back to your earlier post you'll see that you wrote "I just wanted some support which seems sadly lacking here."

All of us here are under pressures that arise from our various caring roles, some considerably more demanding than others, and 'fraught' is a very common descriptor. I don't think anyone has ever called any one 'snotty' before though.

If, as it seems, forum members don't have the specific information you are seeking it is probably best to try the experts in CarersUK, either via the Helpline or, as is often advised, by emailing, as the phone lines are often very busy and it can be hard, so I've heard, to get through as quickly as one might like. Emails are always replied to.
missunderstood wrote:I didn't realise that ESA was a new benefit.

I don't think I sounded fraught, but you sure sound snotty. I wasn't accusing anyone of not supporting me, simply stating how I felt. This feels a very unwelcome space and I shan't return.
Hello missunderstood :)

I'm sorry that you feel that this is an 'unwelcome space' - I see from the number of replies that you have received to your original post that members have tried to be helpful and supportive of your situation. Unfortunately none of us are experts in the minefield of benefits and I'm sorry we have not been able to provide the answers you were seeking.

As Jenny has said perhaps your best recourse would be to contact the Carers UK Advice Line about your particular situation - details on how to contact them are here http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/talk-to-us. Although as Jenny has mentioned it's often better to email them as the phone lines are always very busy.

However I would add that the rules of this forum regard name calling (i.e. "snotty") as being disrespectful and would ask that you show the same respect to others that has been shown to you.