[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ideas useful items when on psychiatric ward, for months - Carers UK Forum

Ideas useful items when on psychiatric ward, for months

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi all
Hubby still on psychiatric ward under section. He's now speaking to me and in a bid to make his stay as comfortable as possible I'm trying to come up with useful items. So far I've come up with a triangle pillow so can read on his bed in more comfortable position.
Anyone any ideas??
Thank you in advance.
I've now had seven operations. I hated hospital pillows, as they had a waterproof cover which made me sweaty. So I bought a brand new one before each admission, and some flowery pillowslips, so they were obviously mine. I also took in small cartons of fruit juice, as hospitals can be really hot. Why not ask him if there is anything he fancies, like a chocolate cake he could share with the other patients, if appropriate? Hopefully it might lead to conversation about cake mum used to make? So more important as a stimulus for conversation to pass the time away, because hospital days can seem very long and boring.
Hi
Whatever you decide always check with ward staff that it's ok - the strangest things can become dangerous in the psychiatric environment.
Don't take anything that you'd mind losing - things have a habit of disappearing mysteriously.
At the end of the day when he's feeling better your visit will be the best thing he can get!
Kindest wishes