[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
depression - Carers UK Forum

depression

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Im on tablets been to GP about my passed and been passed on to a counciler.
how do you now u have a meatal health problem.
I am on happy tablet too. It has been more than one year, after once I tried to come off. It was hard to accept about 4/5 years ago (I am mental health Carer for my husband) when I was diagnosed first time. I was referred to unhelpful councellings where so called professionals had no idea about Carers Image So, after all the effort of here and there, I am settled with medication.

A lot of people refuse to take anti-depressant which I understand because I was there before. But it DOES help our emotional terburance and helps to get on daily routine.

Carers should not face depression - before we reach that point there should be more support available (regular respite) Image

Hope you are ok about medication.

Take care.
Lofty154, Image
Generally I think other people spot your depression before you do.
A lot of people suffer from depression due to hormone imbalance in their brain or it could be because of their caring situation as in your case. (looked at your profile)

Caring can take its physical and emotional toll before we realise it ourselves – So it’s good to see your Doctor is on the ball following NICE Guidance only wish the NHS would care more about the psychological needs and wellbeing of Carers.

fluffycat,
Carers should not face depression - before we reach that point there should be more support available (regular respite
I agree - Doctors should always consider the mental health & wellbeing of Carers and this point needs to be raised more in my view! Image

Here’s an article you might find interesting
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... depression

[/quote]
How are you getting on lofty 154?

I hope you are OK.