[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
De-escalating angry situations. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

De-escalating angry situations.

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Did your husband not go for a ...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... ideration/

from the web site

If you've missed the 1 month deadline
It's still worth asking for a mandatory reconsideration, as long as it's within 13 months of the decision.

You'll need to explain your reasons for being late - for example if being ill or dealing with difficult personal circumstances meant you couldn't apply in time. Use your form or letter to explain why your application is late, as well as why you disagree with their decision.

The DWP can refuse your application if it's late, but as long as you applied within 13 months of the date on your decision letter you can still appeal their decision at a tribunal.

What you need to say
You need to give specific reasons why you disagree with the decision. Use your decision letter, statement of reasons and medical assessment report to make a note of each of the statements you disagree with and why. Give facts, examples and medical evidence (if available) to support what you’re saying.
Ii seem to remember reading fairly recently that the way people with mental health issues are assessed for PIP has been changed. Can anyone else find the details?
Hi Sunnydisposition and Bowlingbun,

Thank you so much for providing those links and info. It was only last Summer that my husband applied to PIP and unfortunately the assessor wasn't the best as she wrote that my husband didn't appear to have anything wrong with him, looked fine without any nervousness or depression and had refused to walk when she asked him as he suffers from Sciatica in his back too. She never asked him to walk anywhere as I was there the whole time during the assessment. Anyway, I will look into these links more and have a good read and I will urge my husband to reapply for PIP.

Just to let you know that social services phoned me this afternoon and someone is coming out to see us on Tuesday to do a needs assessment. So thank you for all your help. It is really appreciated. :-)
Good news com back and let us know how things develop.
Hi Sunnydisposition,

I will do. Thank you so much again for your help. I really appreciate it. :-)