[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
can anyone help - Carers UK Forum

can anyone help

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi everyone. I just wanted to know if anyone could help. My son who suffers with schizophrenia, anxiety and stress so much wants to get a life insurance (which I thought was very sensible) At the moment he has only approached one life insurance company. They asked him a number of questions, including his mental health, he did not go into detail about his mental health but only siad it was a sensitive subject. I can understand that they wanted to have his medical history from his doctor and to have his consent for this. But he is very reluctant to give his consent because he is worried about the stigma that goes with schizophrenia.
I know it is very difficult to have a life insurance without a medical or obtain a medical history unless you are over 50 then perhaps you may be lucky to get one without a medical. But because he is not prepared to give his medical history. Does anyone know of an insurance company that would take him on without a medical.
Hi there, I'm afraid I don't know of any insurance companies. It's terrible that schizophrenia, or any mental health illness still has a stigma attached to it. My son also suffers with it but to be honest, hasn't really come across anyone who has made him feel different to 'normal' people! Image
Hello Caring-Mind
We don't have life Insurance for our mentally ill Son who too has a diagnosis of Paranoid Schizophrenia.
Due to his age (32) most insurance companies would ask many questions and if one does not give the correct information then the insurance would be void.
He has tried to take his own life on a few occasions, so if a company would insure him then can you imagine the cost? Living on benefits due to the responsibilty of caring this would be unaffordable
I have found this one to be difficult.