[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Consequences of going to gp with an injury? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Consequences of going to gp with an injury?

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
I would buy a caravan Porta Potti and put it in her room for her.

She cannot be allowed to carry on like this in your home.
Long term she is going to have to manage to live without you.
I'm dismayed that she went all through school without diagnosis.
bowlingbun wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:26 am
I would buy a caravan Porta Potti and put it in her room for her.

She cannot be allowed to carry on like this in your home.
Long term she is going to have to manage to live without you.
I'm dismayed that she went all through school without diagnosis.
If only it was that simple, has to be the right height, shape etc.

She was first referred to CAMHS age 3. They were worse than useless. I was sent to parenting classes, (which I passed with flying colours) while they chatted to her while saying ‘We’re not going to talk about anything she’s uncomfortable with’. Told some techniques to try, one of which, active ignoring, resulted in her getting a kitchen knife & picking at my clothes with it saying ‘are you going to take notice of me now’. When I told them her response & that I wouldn’t do that again, they replied that I was choosing not to use a method they suggested. She was 9.
When assessed for Autism, I was told she has traits, particularly sensory, but not Autistic. When I asked why I have to walk on eggshells all the time, she replied, “Well maybe that’s your problem”
I had to leave.
Trying to get help for her to live independently is my biggest problem. It seems that unless I kick her out no-one will give help. What I want is help now to get her able to do that.
Sorry, ranting again. It’s been a long slog on my own.
Hope all ok with you
X
I was also labeled a bad mother for years, despite my eldest son being well spoken and perfectly behaved. I've had 41 years of battles, it's ruined my health and my husband died of a heart attack, and still the struggle continues. It's a really lonely life.
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 am
I was also labeled a bad mother for years, despite my eldest son being well spoken and perfectly behaved. I've had 41 years of battles, it's ruined my health and my husband died of a heart attack, and still the struggle continues. It's a really lonely life.
I’m so sorry, truly. I understand what it’s like & not sure how you’ve managed to continue.
Yes, it’s a very lonely life. My only aim at the moment is to get through each day, I know you get that.
I hope things are ok for you just now. Take care of yourself
X