[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Connect with Partners of those w/ Schizophrenia - Carers UK Forum

Connect with Partners of those w/ Schizophrenia

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi!

I'm new to the forum and the UK and just in need of a community. My partner is a wonderful, brilliant and loving man with schizophrenia. We've been together for 5 years and really through the thick of everything. He is doing well and I am so inspired by his bravery and determination.

I'm hoping somewhere out there will understand what I mean when I say this - but - he's doing so much better that - I take it for granted and when there is a hard moment or bad day - it knocks me for a loop. Anyway, just reaching out to connect with anyone who might have the occasional need to connect with another carer. I know in those hard moments it can feel really isolated and terrible. You're not alone. Let's connect? Thanks!
Hi Alaina' (Lovely name)
I'm not who you are looking for but wanted to say 'hello and welcome'. I've no experience but it sounds like you are both doing really well. I can imagine how unexpected and irregular 'set backs' can be frightening and upsetting. The only thing I can suggest is to concentrate on the overall progress and as long as the occasional 'blip' doesn't send you back to before square one, then you are still advancing. A bit like snakes and ladders. (In my imagination).
KR
E.
My partner has PS too I know exactly what you mean the down days we have had a rocky ride also. The good days are amazing though I'm. Very much in love with him it can be tough on us partners though. Feel free to chat with me it can be isolating for us x
My husband has Paranoid Schizophrenia, for 17 years now, we've been through dreadful times, amazing times and stable times, but we've survived and celebrate 20 years of being together this year. I don't think anything you could say isn't something I've not experienced. I know completely what your saying and I think it's perfectly normal to feel like that.