[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What can I do? - Carers UK Forum

What can I do?

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
My husband were suffering Cyclothymia in past one year and as a concequnce he was fired from his work as a lecturer recently. He is getting better under the medication help. The trouble is he spent a lot of money in the past one year, we have a lot of debt. He is very upset for this stigima and preparing a appeal as he felt he is discremated. I found myself is very low now after first time know his mental health problem and lost the direction for future life. I am a secondary school probational teacher and have a lot of duties at school, I found it will be very hard for me to go through. Any advice?
Hi Dongqin ... welcome to the canteen.

Others will be along to extend their welcomes and , hopefully , advice.

Cyclothymia -- or cyclothymic disorder -- is a relatively mild mood disorder. In cyclothymic disorder, moods swing between short periods of mild depression and hypomania, an elevated mood. The low and high mood swings never reach the severity or duration of major depressive or full mania episodes.

Purely on the Cyclothymia side , a couple of Internet searches I did were very revealing ... CYCLOTHYMIA and CYCLOTHYMIA SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS / GROUPS.

The first revealed mainly scholary articles by academics ... more medical than offering practical support.

The second one surprised me ... no leading supporting organisation ( eg. MIND ) ... purely links to support groups , mainly local as opposed to nationwide.

I would recommend adding your location to the second search to see if there are any on , or close to . your manor.

As for the way forward , an indication of your thinking will help others pinpoint their recommendations.