[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bipolar partner coming off lithium - Carers UK Forum

Bipolar partner coming off lithium

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
My partner has been on lithium for his bipolar, he has bipolar type 2 rapid cycling. The lithium has caused severe physical side effects and his psychiatrist is taking him off it, in order that he can go onto something else.
He's been on 600mg lithium daily, this has been reduced down to 400mg already with a view to him going into hospital to come off the remainder and get put on the new drug (he's bad with side-effects so they want him hospitalised just in case it sends his depression into a bad spiral like so many others have).
But we're getting symptoms of uncontrolled bipolar already, mania and depression flashing quickly in and out, with an added touch of paranoia. We are coping fairly well so far but we don't know if anything else will come up between now and his hospital admission date.
Has anyone else been here? With lithium withdrawal I mean? Any advice or tales of previous experiences would be useful.
Joseph, I don't have personal experience of this but have sent you a private message that may come in useful.

Welcome by the way-don't forget that you need a place where you can have a little space just for you, that's what this forum is for. Help, advice, the occasional rant and often a good laugh. Image