[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Being a carer at Uni - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Being a carer at Uni

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi Steph,
Stephanie_1502 wrote:By failing to disclose our feelings and struggles to them, we are reinforcing their own negative view of themselves.
This is a very good sentence. I think you're right really, how can I expect her to keep me involved in her side of things if I'm not talking about my side of things. I guess it's hard to find the balance and say things in a sensitive way, so I'll have a think about exactly what I want to say before I bring it up.

I googled the triangle of care, seems like a good resource so I'll give it a read. I would actually be really interested in seeing an example crisis plan and would be very grateful if you could email me yours!

Thanks again this is a huge help.

Robin
Hi Robin
I'm pleased I could help a little, even though I have no experience with what you are having to deal with other than life experience. Bear in mind that you can always PM someone like Stephanie if you don't want your questions, concerns read by all. She has offered to help as much as she can.
In the meantime, I wish you very well and hope you and S come through this together and continue together if that is your wish and hope you will keep in touch on this site.
Sending you a, well probably strictly speaking, grandmotherly hug and a virtual chocolate cake!!
Elaine
Thanks so much, I'll be in touch :)