[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ESA health assessment - Carers UK Forum

ESA health assessment

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
I
I studied Employment Law a long time ago, and ACAS (I think it's Arbitration Conciliation Advice Service, or something like that!) were brilliant helping me with an assignment. Their knowledge of the relevant law is simply wonderful. Give them a ring and they will give you the advice you need.
I would speak to ACAS
xx
Everyone in work needs to join a Trades Union, that's what they are for.
Also, I'd like to point out that in cases where managers are behaving badly, and where there is decent testimony, I have seen many of them get fired when very serious matters like this come to light. It's not an easy one to win, but it isn't impossible: it depends on the culture of the organisation.
Thanks Scally, but we don't have a union or an HR or personnel dept for that matter either. Image
xx
The same thing happened to hubby after his road traffic accident. He was eventually medically retired, but his manager was pulling the same sort of tricks so that he would hand in his notice (which would have been much cheaper). Fortunately he was in a union which pulled out all the stops, but without any backing the meetings would have been the same.

So......
Dont do anything like hand in any notices or saying anything that might jeopardise anything and get back to ACAS PDQ. You might also want to makes notes about what was said while it is still fresh in your mind.
xx
What they have done amounts to "Constructive Dismissal". Look this up on Google.