[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anyone with experience of Manic episodes please. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Anyone with experience of Manic episodes please.

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Thank you for your replies very useful. He's diagnosed now with Schizoaffective Disorder which he refuses to accept. He's adamant he's not got psychosis or any mood elements to his condition. He's completely no insight at all! He's more tolerant of complete strangers on ward, patients he now calls "friends" it's sad, he has no friends on outside something he clearly craves presently. Usually this doesnt bother him. He's not manic running round talking nonsense he's manic writing his ideas down for hours a day. This he describes as his creative side coming out.. He seems adamant all staff and family are against him, paranoid delusions which are difficult to know what say.
Today he's asking for a SMART phone so can go on Internet with. However, I've asked staff to ask consultant if this allowed. Once he finds out I've asked he'll kick off.
My goodness today despite him withdrawn his tribunal application feel drained..
Hugs, Trigpoint. It's a nightmare. Any chance of you having a "me" day, even if it's just abandoning normal duties in favour of a day in PJ's, a bubble bath, a glass of wine and an evening wstching a DVD?
Hi Trigpoint how are things with you now?
Things are going well thanks for asking. New meds are working amazingly well. Unbelievable how much my life has changed.. It's a miracle.. Xx