[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ADHD and Bipolar?!! together both my DH!? - Carers UK Forum

ADHD and Bipolar?!! together both my DH!?

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hello again1
After a recent visit to GP, while still awaiting our psychiatric appointment...the GP suggested we read up on ADHD in adults and my Husband says it is like a weight has been lifted from him as he relates so closely to everything we have read so far...it doesnt really explain his deep suicidal depression though although it does say some mania can be associated with ADHD, I have read it is highly likely to be Bipolar and also have ADHD which seems very probable for my husband...
we both feel like there is some hope now though and my husband feels he can explain how he feels to me easier now so I can understand what he copes with. recently I have been reading a book which is so true to my husband called 'you mean I am not mad, stupid or crazy!' about adult ADHD.

Has anyone any experience or comments on ADHD and bipolar...and how the heck am I going to get a diagnosis for the combination of both conditions?!!!

Christmas thoughts to you all,
xxx
Hello there - Isn't it strange how when we do get an explanation of what our symptoms may mean that it makes us feel so much better! I'm glad your hubby has some kind of light at the end of the tunnel.
It sounds as if he would benefit by being referred to the complex cases side of the Mental Health team, which the psychiatrist could arrange.
I'm sure that others will be along to add more ideas. .....take care of yourself also.......xx