Absolutely appalled!

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi Debra,

It sounds like you're having a really tough time currently.
I've included the link below to the Mind website and their phone line details as they may be able to help you in preparing a care package once your son is out of hospital but also be able to signpost you towards help, support and information.
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

There is also the Carers UK Adviceline who may be able to help you with the more practical side of caring. Their details are; 0808 808 7777 Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Note: listening service available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
Dear Debra
I was so sorry to read your post; how dreadful, how terrifying!
I do hope that your Son has been treated now and that he is calmer. I don't know how long your Son has been ill for because it takes time to get the right medication for each individual.
Once our Son was on the right medication and the right dosage he coped better and so did we but it took many years.
I also hope that you feel a little more settled. Over time you will adjust in coping with mental health crisis through experience.
This is nothing unusual for mental health, we have had experiences with no one to help over the past 28 years now!
We now have a different Psychiatrist and a number for a ward at the local hospital if we have a crisis but we have only had this number for the past 18 months.
The mental health services have been starved of cash for years and care in the community does not work! I think MPs think if they ignore it, it will go away but matters for the mentally ill and their families have only got worse.
I too am sending a ((((hug)))) and I hope as time goes on things improve.
Regards
Thank you for your kind words and hugs. My son has had this for 6 years now and it's been so hard all I want is for us to be a family and we could be with the right help but until mental health is given the funding and resources then sadly lives will be lost . I hope my son gets to the place where yours is so he can have some quality of life