[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
A report by the Schizophrenia Commission - Carers UK Forum

A report by the Schizophrenia Commission

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Received this that may interest some of our members

It is a common illness but a hidden illness and the fact that there is no public understanding adds to the difficulties people face.
http://www.rethink.org/media/514093/TSC ... 14_nov.pdf
Many thanks for this Rosemary, I've just read the first few pages of this document and it mirrors the troubles this family have had in getting the correct treatment until too late. (My husband suffered hypoxia after an overdose and is consequently brain damaged). I cried in recognition of the problems the document highlighted in the first section, I will read it more thoroughly tonight when I come home from work. My O/H is with the occupational therapist from the CMHT as I write, they are doing the usual tests no doubt.

Again thank you for thinking of others, sometimes I feel selfish in my caring role, you get swallowed up by your own feelings and troubles. You have made my look at ME, because I know that recently I have become a nightmare, so touchy verging on paranoid. Mind you tiredness and life not panning out the way we thought it would takes its toll: It has taken me from 2005 to get help, and it's broken the family.

I hope this information is the start of things changing for those who suffer with severe and enduring mental illness. Your kindness is appreciated, I'll try to follow in your footsteps.

Treez xx