[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Finding a partner - Carers UK Forum

Finding a partner

For issues specific to caring for someone with learning disabilities
Hi,

My brother is mentally disabled. He can function on his own but needs watching and help with things like cooking and cleaning.

And, he's lonely.

I was wondering if there are any forums or groups that users know of where families can get together to match-make in situations like these? I see lots of online dating sites but can't imagine that these are a good idea for someone like my brother as in this type of situation it's more of a joining of two families than it is just two people.

Any idea or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
Does your brother have learning difficulties? How old is he? How old are you? Who owns his home?
Maybe it's time to contact Social Services to do a Needs Assessment, and a Carers Assessment for you.
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:48 pm
Does your brother have learning difficulties? How old is he? How old are you? Who owns his home?
Maybe it's time to contact Social Services to do a Needs Assessment, and a Carers Assessment for you.
This is a Zombie thread from August 2017 bb, resurrected by the previous poster to advertise his dubious wares - say good-bye to Richard.
I am locking this thread as it is an old one and attracting spammers.

Melly1