[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
direct payments - Carers UK Forum

direct payments

For issues specific to caring for someone with learning disabilities
I need help
Hi Lesley
Welcome to the forum. That sounded like a cry from the heart. What's the problem? What advice do you need? Who are you caring for? How can we help you?
Tell a little more and we will do our best.
All carers here, no-one judging or sneering or putting you down.
Have a virtual hug to start with
Please help me l am in such a mess cant cope with the everything l need help I am not a bad person just got into such a mess don't know where to turn cant cope with every one thing I am a horrible person when I am not
Lesley, We will try, if you just tell us what's wrong? Can't help if you don't say what the matter is.
Its just to big l am scared my son has down syndrome he has direct payments l am in such a mess with them l don't know what to do with payments rent arrears and bailiffs no one asked me if I was good with money l just need someone to talk to please
Some one has to help me please
Cant see what anybody has put
Have you got a social worker if so call and ask them for help.
If not, call Social Services anyway.
Or call the helpline on this site.
Citizens Advice might be of help. Is there a Citizen's Advice near you?
If you have a bank account, go to your bank and ask to speak to someone.
Is your son in school? Ask to speak to the head teacher and tell them your problems. They should give you some support. Have you got anyone, a friend or a family member who could help you do any of this?
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

tel: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
Hi Lesley, welcome to the forum. I have a son with learning difficulties and receive Direct Payments, but I've just told the local authority that in future, I don't want to be responsible for this aspect of my son's care. I'm going back onto "Commissioned Services", in other words, they can make all the arrangements and pay the bills.
I have some serious health problems so my son doesn't live with me, he lives in a flat with care support, and he uses various day services. I have now used five different care providers for support, they all agree to do one thing, but do another. Even my request to take my son to see the latest James Bond film was ignored.
After 36 years of caring, caring in total for ten different carees during that time, I've simply had enough. I want to go back to just being my son's mum again. In future, the council can do all the payments.