[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Care assessment - Carers UK Forum

Care assessment

For issues specific to caring for someone with learning disabilities
My son is 18 years old and has a social worker, we are going through transition, we have completed a direct payment agreement and a care assessment.
Can anyone advise me where I can get an example of a completed care assessment or where I can get advice off someone that can look through it and make sure everything is in it that should be.
Thanks
Hi Kristine
Every Care assessment is individual and you should be provided with a copy to check yourself. I think, and I'm happy to be corrected, is that the only one who can say whether the Social Worker has understood and addressed all your son's needs is yourself.
If you don't agree with his/her findings or you think they have missed or misunderstood anything then go back to them and ask for it to be corrected.
You might not get everything you've asked for, (finance), but obvious mistakes need to be put right.
Elaine
You should be sent a DRAFT copy to agree and sign, for both. If you son is 18, have you now claimed ESA for him?
Your social worker should be able to provide you with details of places you can go for help and assistance in your local area, I would ask them to point you in the direction of an Independent advocate in your area, or a charity group.