Any advice would be great !! :)

For issues specific to caring for someone with learning disabilities
Hi everyone im new to this online group,ive joined in the hope of getting some advice....
a long story ill try my best to cut short for you all... Im a 36 yr old female with a small family unit.. I am main carer and support and appointee for my 2 disabled brothers ( who both have mental and physical disabilities) they do not live with me but close by they live with mom who suffers severe depression so most is left in my hands including everyday tasks and support to sorting all their financials out bills etc..I have recently returned to work to "get a break" as my brothers both go to a garden centre to work 4 days a week as part of a community project and have been there for quite a few years this is their release as they like to be very active and are very sociable.
Now i have learned all funding for my brothers including their £5 daily wage and transports is being withdrawn in august. this is terrible news for us all .. They can still continue to go to the garden centre if we supply transport but this is not viable cost wise. I feel i am going round in circles with local council and the centre and social services trying to sort this asap as no1 seems to have any answers or even return calls. its all very time consuming on my behalf.
I was thinking i could be there support worker in a paid capacity at the garden centre and therefor provide their transport there?? does any one else do this? is this just a useless plan im chasing?? I need to work as i have my own bills and family to keep otherwise i would just take them my self.
im hoping for any advice? any1 been in a similar situation? maybe a point in the right direction? finding social services no help to be honest and sometimes rude and their social worker has left 2 years ago and do not have a new 1 so always talking to a diffrent person with no return calls for weeks.....

thanks all for reading my long short story.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello Clare and welcome to the forum :)

Sorry but I can't help with advice but 'know a man who probably can' :lol:
I think your best bet is to contact the Carers UK Adviceline and firstly check that as a family unit you, your brothers and your Mum are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to - so often people miss out because they don't know what is available !
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
The phone lines are often oversubscribed so it's usually better to email them in the first instance :)
Hi Claire
I'm thinking that perhaps there's some charity that would pick up the transport costs. Is there a charity that supports your brother's particular disabilities perhaps?
You mentioned It's part of a community project, is the whole project closing? If so what are others doing?
Sorry it's all questions but just hoping there's another way other than social services
Good luck
Hi Claire, I've just replied to your other post. I would suggest your first move was to make absolutely certain that they are receiving every possible benefit, by ringing the helpline. If they have physical and mental disabilities, and are receiving Income Support or similar, then they should have quite a lot of benefits available (my son's income is greater than mine!). How much will the transport cost? Does the centre have it's own transport? Could various relatives club together to pay for their own taxi? I have an idea that a local authority must fund transport for clients to use services, but can't remember where I've read this, but the helpline should know. If social services are not responding to your calls, make a formal complaint to their complaints department at head office. Another possibility is the LA using a voluntary driver - that's how my son gets to his garden work experience scheme. Don't give up your own work, these men need to become more independent now.
Thank you for your forum post and for letting people help you. I really think that is a wonderful thing to ask for other people's opinions and also ask for help. Being learning disabled myself, I understand what your family members and you are going through. Here are a few things that you can help with your family:

1. You can get your community involved by making posters and going door to door in order to see if you community can help cover some of the costs.
2. You can have a garage sale in your community or even in your yard.
3. You can ask the social services or your state's medical and other services department for help.
4. You can look on the internet on a search engine and type in it 'ways to help gain money.'

I hope this helps you and I wish you the best .