[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Why I'll be eating butter this week! - Carers UK Forum

Why I'll be eating butter this week!

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
In the supermarket today while at the check out. A lady in front of me kept putting her shopping over the devider. She had a lovely smile and every time I put things back over her side, she managed to sneak something back, I thought I had managed to sort her shopping and mine out. Her husband kept apologizing and mentioned that his wife had dementia. When I got home I had butter that I hadn't wanted. It is so tasty and I am loving it with jam and scones. I will forget about my cholesterol for this week. next week it is back to marge.

I am not sure if I am allowed to mention a special bargain that they had in sainsburys today. I am a newbie to the site and remove my post if you need to.

Sainsburys six large free range eggs from The Happy egg company reduced from £1.77 to £1. we all need a bargain
look after yourselves carers and carees. from adeliene Image
There's nothing like a nice bit of butter Image I've gone right off supposedly healthy margarines most have no taste or an awful taste, and oddly enough I've felt better since going back to eating butter at least it hasn't been fiddled with Image Image
IMHO as long as your liver isn't very badly damaged, and the rest of your diet is pretty healthy & balanced, having butter now and then is unlikely to do you much harm.

If you'd rather avoid temptation, cut it into 2oz blocks, wrap and freeze each lump separately. It'll last up to 3 months in a freezer before starting to taste funny.

You could always use it up in baking. Or make lemon curd - my excuse is that it's got lots of vitamin C and tastes like sunshine in a jar. Image
that's a good idea catja if i freeze it in small chunks then i could have the butter just as a treat.