[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today? - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today?

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
88 posts
Ok, so this an autism funny story, instead. I hope that is ok, Mary?

Packing up on the last evening of our weekend away, I had to remind S not to forget amongst other things, his new (and rather expensive,) shoes. He however, remembered at the very last minute a black marble that had rolled under the sofa at some point during our stay and indicated he wanted me to help him shift the very large "fitted" corner sofa so he could retrieve it. I gave him a broom and with some persistence, he flicked it out from underneath.
That's autism for you - obviously a small black marble ( of which you have hundreds,) is more worthy of your attention than your shoes!

Melly1
Melly1 wrote:Ok, so this an autism funny story, instead. I hope that is ok, Mary?

Packing up on the last evening of our weekend away, I had to remind S not to forget amongst other things, his new (and rather expensive,) shoes. He however, remembered at the very last minute a black marble that had rolled under the sofa at some point during our stay and indicated he wanted me to help him shift the very large "fitted" corner sofa so he could retrieve it. I gave him a broom and with some persistence, he flicked it out from underneath.
That's autism for you - obviously a small black marble ( of which you have hundreds,) is more worthy of your attention than your shoes!

Melly1
Of course it was Melly! He probably can identify that one particular marble. How dare you interrupt his quest with mere shoes? :lol:
Of course it was Melly! He probably can identify that one particular marble. How dare you interrupt his quest with mere shoes? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Melly1
One for you Melly
My relative on the spectrum recently phoned his mum and asked where she was on a certain date in 1983. Why, she asked. "Because I want know where I was concieved" he said and was most indignant that she couldn't remember place, date and time, because of course, he has perfect recall on dates, including every dentist visit, start and end every term etc.
( She chose not to go into the intricacies and vagaries of the human reproductive system and dates :lol: )
That's hilarious. :P :P :P
S is the same with dates.

Melly1
I am a genealogist

Recently I was asked to add some unrelated people to a client's Family Tree - note UNRELATED - hence NOT FAMILY. She was upset when these unrelated people DID NOT appear on her list of RELATIVES. Oh, for Heaven's sake, I need a cup of coffee!!
Oh Mary, how on earth did you handle that?!

Melly1
Mary_16121 wrote:I am a genealogist

Recently I was asked to add some unrelated people to a client's Family Tree - note UNRELATED - hence NOT FAMILY. She was upset when these unrelated people DID NOT appear on her list of RELATIVES. Oh, for Heaven's sake, I need a cup of coffee!!
Love it- who was she trying to add Mary? A bit of nobility or a touch of royal blood to colour her tree :lol: :?:
Is it me??? - probably

I am sat here working away ( for once):-

The chap I am researching is called Gravestock - note the word 'GRAVE'
In civilian life he was a 'slaughterman' - is that a connection with 'GRAVE' ?
In WWI - they decided to make him a medical orderly - was that because of his peace time occupation?
Maybe I am overthinking this one !! Still, made me smile :lol:
These are really funny. Some of mum's little gems (well,they made me laugh).

1) At church service, taking communion to vicar :roll: :

Not bad crackers, but a nice bit of cheese would go nicely.

2) Looking at me in casual clothes:

I know you're looking after me now, but there's no need to let yourself go. If you go out in those shoes, people will think you're a lesbian

3) Mum: we need to buy J a birthday card (sister)
Me (gently) : Mum, J died a few years ago
Mum: well, that will save us some money then. No flashy card for her needed.

4) Cousin (dressed as witch for home Halloween party): What do you think of my skull earrings? Anne bought me them
Mum: looks like sort of tarty thing she would buy.

5) Mum looking for non-existent stepdad and his equally non-existent girlfriend for the 20th time that day:
Me: I think they've gone to Southend for the day. I expect they will be back later.
Mum: Now, I know you're lying. They always hated Southend.
88 posts