[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today? - Page 9 - Carers UK Forum

What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today?

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
88 posts
Whilst shopping on Monday in a big supermarket, I saw a little old lady out shopping, with I presume, her son. He was doing a great and patient job of involving her in the process. She was pushing the trolley and he was leading the way, reminding her what to get and giving her simple choices etc I passed them more than once and she was starting to get fed up. "Aren't we finished yet" she said, "We've been going round this shop for YEARS and YEARS!" Made me chuckle.
Melly1
Oh dear - that reminds me in a way of when I used to take my poor MIL out for drives. Once I was negotiating little lanes in the back of nowhere, and she said something like 'this is a very long drive to where we're going'....

The heartbreaking thing was that I was imply 'driving her around' as a way to pass the time with her. There was no purpose other than that, sigh.
Mum (95) has just phoned me to say thank you for the children I sent her for Christmas. She has eaten half of them and they were lovely.

(I gave her a tin of M&S biscuits )
:lol:
:D :D I'm glad she couldn't eat a whole one!
Ah bless. My Granny once said she really fancied having a "little black apple."

Melly1
She was adamant there were girls and boys as she especially likes boys...
My mum told all the nurses at her therapy group I’d just got out of prison after a very long time.
John Bayfield wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm
My mum told all the nurses at her therapy group I’d just got out of prison after a very long time.
Obviously not in for matricide!

(Spell checker didn't know matricide. .. what are standards dropping to these days :ohmy: )
88 posts