[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sundowning - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Sundowning

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
If she has been deemed not to have capacity, then no, she should not be able to do this.
Can you explain why Social Services are sorting out a solicitor and deputyship?
You don't need SSD involved at all, don't let them have deputyship and control over mum's affairs.
You can be deputy.
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:03 am
If she has been deemed not to have capacity, then no, she should not be able to do this.
Can you explain why Social Services are sorting out a solicitor and deputyship?
You don't need SSD involved at all, don't let them have deputyship and control over mum's affairs.
You can be deputy.
They are involved as they were there with the CMHT nurse and doctor when they have their assessment. They are sorting as Mum has extreme paranoia that everyone is after her money so think a third party would be the best option. I feel really scared living with Mum now. She has thrown my food away an tried to break my door down this evening. All because I came home at 7pm and not straight from work. Scared to even go to the bathroom.
Absolutely not acceptable. Did you manage to record any of it on your phone?
If you are so frightened of her, as I would be, it's time to call the Police again I'm afraid.
bowlingbun wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:23 pm
Absolutely not acceptable. Did you manage to record any of it on your phone?
If you are so frightened of her, as I would be, it's time to call the Police again I'm afraid.
No I didn't get a chance to record this time as it was short bursts so not quick enough to record. If she starts again then I will, but as of right now she has gone to bed. I have dared to put the washing on (no choice - literally running out of things) and am hoping she doesn't hear it. Reason being she said "it's my fridge so throwing all your things out" and she did. They are all in the bin. So worried that "it's her washing machine". This is my only place of solace although I have made my neighbours aware of the situation