[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sitting in the dark - Carers UK Forum

sitting in the dark

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
my mum in law has vascular dementia and recently has started just sitting in the dark when the natural light goes away and she forgets or just doesn't switch on the lights/lamps. when we go in and turn on the lights she says "oh I was going to that in a minute". I wondered if anyone knows of a light sensitive lamp that would come on automatically as the room became dark. Your info would be much appreciated.
I think if you just look at the B&Q website you'll find a variety, mainly used as security lamps.
Not sure about indoor sensitive ones, others may help with that. For hubbys mam years ago we used the timer switches. Same ones we use if we go away on holiday.
Two for £12 from the Complete Care Shop, come on automatically when it gets dark, "for people who like to sleep with the light on" so described as a Night Light.
Thanks for you replies , the timers area good idea i never thought of that. will be investing in some very soon.