[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sally Magnusson's - How I lost my Mother to dementia - Carers UK Forum

Sally Magnusson's - How I lost my Mother to dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Very powerful
I have read the book (must return it Image ) Its very good
Oh my goodness another one that part of me wishes I had swept this article under that carpet of "don't want to accept it" and the other part "so glad I read this it shows me that other folk have exactly the same problems as I do and they cope so therefore so can I"

I was in the queue in Tesco's with my Mum on Friday and another quite smartly dressed lady just walked to the front of the queue and demanded to be served. I instantaneously recognised all the signs of dementia just one other person n the queue did too, the rest just shouted at her to get to the back . poor lady was so distressed it took the two of us with empathy in the queue to calm her down - the more folk read the more they will hopefully understand the horrors of this truly awful disease xx
I share your views, JHR57. Not sure I could read the whole book.

Beautifully written. The bit about bathtime could have been written by me (but not so eloquently ...)
For those interested I see (in Radio Times) that Sally Magnusson is talking about Dementia on Radio 4 FM - Monday 3rd February at 9.45am. ("Book of The Week" programme).

"As well as offering personal insights, Sally quizzes experts in the field about facing this challenge in our time"
Me too.

She was also participating in a webchat last night on Mumsnet so she is getting around Image :

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_liv ... 29-January