[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stress Of Alzheimer's On Family Relationships -Carers UK Forum

Stress Of Alzheimer's On Family Relationships

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease puts additional strain on relationships in a family, research on dementia has revealed.

A study of full-time carers or those looking after someone with the condition found one fifth suffered stress, bad nerves or panic attacks and more than a third felt physically drained.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/08 ... 35550.html
Only a fifth suffered from stress? That's a big surprise. I'd have expected a much higher figure than that.
I'm surprised they even needed to do research Image
they should have just rang me,wife 42 with the b****y disease,lost track how many times i've been suicidal this year,i noticed somebody put once you get used to it it's like any other disease to cope with or words to that effect on another post,what a load of rubbish,it messes with your mind and your emotions and will screw you up if you let it.
What a waste of money doing this research. I'm surprised that 100% do not suffer from stress. Malc, I agree with you, I can't think of another disease which has such a dreadful impact on the carer. I'm less advanced along the road than you; my heart goes out to you and your wife.
I do not have personal experience of caring for a person with dementia, but there is a general principal here.

This research was needed and it shouldn't be a waste of money; the 'powers that be' take notice of research that is properly constructed and analysed. How much notice do they take of 'anecdotal' evidence from us?