Only 46 with dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
My brother-in-law has dementia & there are no resources for this as social services cannot handle this rare illness. He is in a care home 60 miles from us as that all is available he needs a secure unit so he cannot get lost outside we cannot see him often as it cost £20 to see him & he will be there the rest of his life as he is at risk from danger why is no help available for these cases
Hi Angie,

Sorry to hear about your brother in law - there is help and support available for people suffering with early onset dementia, but probably not easy to find. Have you had a look at the Alzheimer's Society's website ?

www.alzheimers.org.uk

It's a fallacy that this awful disease only affects the elderly as Terry Prachet and our own Norrms can testify.
Hi Angie,

Sorry to hear about your brother in law - there is help and support available for people suffering with early onset dementia, but probably not easy to find. Have you had a look at the Alzheimer's Society's website ?

www.alzheimers.org.uk

It's a fallacy that this awful disease only affects the elderly as Terry Prachet and our own Norrms can testify.
Thanks for ur reply what I meant was that this person just sits in a nursing home with old people although he has a flat of his own he tells lots of lies & and my husband has to travel 60 miles to c him we r still waiting to hear about CA & it will pay out for 2 visits a week not enough my husband & I r both carers & like most cares all our hard work goes un noticed for pennies wot a disgrace