[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oh boy she hates me - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

oh boy she hates me

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
190 posts
I've warned our neighbour and she was quite understanding and will ring me if mum goes round.
And relax, the agitation has subsided for now and she is back to talking about her son (me) in the third person. Talk about a rollercoaster.
Todays fun is ants, oh and the missing dog. I can't let the dog out because he will be covered in ants and the house outside needs hosing down. Mum was quite agitated about this,it's funny how she has took a turn for the worse all of a sudden.
That's how it goes Tim ! Those with dementia can stay on a, relatively, even keel for some time and then take a downward turn for the worse.

Is your Mum on any medication for her dementia ? If so it may need tweaking a bit. I think maybe it would be a good idea to get in touch with her GP and let him know the situation. You should be able to book an appointment for you to see him on your own - he probably won't be able to discuss her treatment with you (confidentiality and all that !) but he should be made aware of her worsening symptoms.

(We didn't have ants at home but, according to Mum, we did have squirrels in the Grandfather clock :shock: )
She is on heart meds and I have to pick my time to get her to take them or she might spit them out.

She is still on about ringing the police about the dog and is very upset. Her named GP is.difficult to get hold of as she is part time. At the moment she won't even take a cup of tea from me.
Tim_1412 wrote:She is on heart meds and I have to pick my time to get her to take them or she might spit them out.

She is still on about ringing the police about the dog and is very upset. Her named GP is.difficult to get hold of as she is part time. At the moment she won't even take a cup of tea from me.
Most named GP's are difficult to get hold of, but I think you need to make the effort. At the very least they should be able to prescribe something to help calm Mum's agitation.
If she's deteriorated suddenly, could there be anything wrong with her health wise, such as urinary tract infection? My mum (early-ish dementia ) and my mum in law (perfectly compus mentis) wander/wandered off with the fairies when they have/had one.
A sense of calm has come over mum, she's forgotten about the ants but not the missing dog but has got all reasonable on me like she used to be

I hope I'm not annoying anyone posting these updates but it helps me cope with the stress.
Tim, it's fine to post whenever you feel like it. You are in a very difficult position doing the very best for your mum, and we all appreciate that. I just hope that you have a more peaceful few days now.
I made the mistake of telling her the truth last night and that there is no second dog and she went off like a rocket. It's now 5:30am and she is still going on about it making all sorts of nasty remarks wanting me out of the house, etc. I will try to get hold of the Doctor in the morning for a telephone consultation if she is in, but dont hold out much hope.
190 posts