[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
is it ok? - Carers UK Forum

is it ok?

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
today my freind (my 79yo neighbour (and yes, we are freinds)) said something that was both the best and worst thing I have ever heared.

she said I was a nice person, and that she trusted me, because I always said please.

please may I look in the cupboard to see what you need from the shops?
please may I count those notes to show you how much money is in your purse?
please may I go through your post and show you what is junk mail to be thrown away and what needs keeping?

always make it a choice, always, even if it's a choice between two options
Hello Sandalwood
Isn't that such a double edged sword. My friends brother lives alone. She stays with him on Sunday nights. He's invited salesman and ' nusiance' callers into his home, saying they were really polite etc etc. She has spoken to him about the perils. He hasn't dementia, or infirm in anyway. A lonely 80 yr aged man, who spends an hour each day chopping different foods to go walking to feed the birds. Even Christmas day.. Loneliness is almost another illness.