[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Not Sure - Carers UK Forum

Not Sure

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
A quick question.Is my Mum's anger which only seems to be directed at me her carer part of her depression or is it the Dementia illness that is causing this.Its only startes happen since she came out of hospital where she was for three months.I know it must be so strange for her being back in the real world.She was very happy in hospital,so it all must be mixed up together.
She asked why did she have to get ill,and what is happening to her.

Sonia xxx
Hi Sonia - I'm sure that it's a mixture of all those things. My own Mother says that she doesn't understand why she feels like she does and doesn't know what's happening to her.
I should think that after three months in hospital your Mum feels quite isolated and confused and probably suffering from depression too.
Maybe you could have a chat with her Doctor?
Whatever, I hope that you find some sort of answer to your situation x
Hi Sonia - I'm sure that it's a mixture of all those things. My own Mother says that she doesn't understand why she feels like she does and doesn't know what's happening to her.
Mine too Image That's the problem with dementia, those suffering with it don't remember that they have forgotten Image Image

Quite likely your Mum is finding it hard to adjust to being back home - in hospital she had lots of people around her all day, everyday and wasn't alone. It must seem very scary and confusing coming back home and being on her own again.
My mother has always directed her anger at me....56 yrs of it.....now she's got "dementia" or according to her psychiatrist, she's got a little problem with memory loss......I've learned all the coping strategies that exist; Image