[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Norrms - Page 78 - Carers UK Forum

Norrms

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
953 posts
Hiya, we really need your help to get more exposure for this wonderful song, its probably

"The most Beautiful song about Dementia you will ever hear"

Please share with all Radio/TV Stations you know , and all your friends !!!

To all of you who haven't heard this wonderful song yet "For 79 pence you dont know what your missing !!!! Please download and listen and PLEASE SHARE with all, your donation of just 79 pence will make such a difference and you get to hear the beautiful voice of Tracey green as well, It was originally a poem i wrote for my wife Elaine which was turned into a beautiful song sung by Tracey and created by the wonderful Welsh Purple Angel Ambassadors xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please share, download or listen (via Spotify) to the track we've released to raise funds for charity. All proceeds from sales go to Young Dementia UK, our annual nominated charity. The track is also available on Amazon. Thank you all in advance.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/purpl ... =840769980
Hiya, we really need your help to get more exposure for this wonderful song, its probably

"The most Beautiful song about Dementia you will ever hear"

Please share with all Radio/TV Stations you know , and all your friends !!!

To all of you who haven't heard this wonderful song yet "For 79 pence you dont know what your missing !!!! Please download and listen and PLEASE SHARE with all, your donation of just 79 pence will make such a difference and you get to hear the beautiful voice of Tracey green as well, It was originally a poem i wrote for my wife Elaine which was turned into a beautiful song sung by Tracey and created by the wonderful Welsh Purple Angel Ambassadors xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please share, download or listen (via Spotify) to the track we've released to raise funds for charity. All proceeds from sales go to Young Dementia UK, our annual nominated charity. The track is also available on Amazon. Thank you all in advance.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/purpl ... =840769980
You`ll have to pardon my ignorance but I`ve never downloaded any music before.
I have got an amazon account which I mainly use for my kindle.
My question is really can I put it onto my andriod phone, it`s not an iphone.

Judy
My Tears are not for you to see

Tiredness aches through every bone,
Sat here feeling all alone,
Ever so weary, at life's slow drumbeat,
Heavy heart, dragging feet
Aging eyes that do not see,
Wanting to be a younger me,
Days are slow,nights are worse,
Underneath dementia`s curse,
Shoulders heavy with life's woes,
Feeling like a wilting rose,
Trying to make one last stand,
Against dementia`s barren land,
Fighting, wanting , in every way,
To live to fight another day,
Through the smile, tears do flow,
Looking well, yet feel so low,
Deep inside my heart breaks,
Tears well up, hands they shake,
So off i go, all alone,
To weep so much, on my own,
My tears are not for you to see,
But i am here, I`m still me,
Fighting hard everyday,
To keep my smile in every way

Norrms Mc Namara Diagnosed now SEVEN years ago this month aged 50 and STILL FIGHTING IT !!!!

Please share if you wish too xx
My Interview last year at the Alzheimer's Disease International Round table event, only two minutes long, please share

http://youtu.be/3SPOC68B6KM
The Man With The Child In His eyes

As my illness progress and it does unfortunately, I spend more time these trying to remember the past. This is such an awful illness as sometimes I sit and cry as I try to remember my children being born, the wonderful things Elaine and I have been through, what we have seen together, how much we have laughed and cried together, but sometimes to no avail.

Such is this cruel illness that robs you of things that we all cherish more than anything, the happy memories we remember when we try to forget the bad ones. So many of my memories these days are from my much younger days, as a schoolboy, my teenage years (Aggrh LOLL) and so forth. It’s a strange thing, knowing you have grandchildren , you watch them all around you, they bring such happiness and laughter and yet all you can remember is doing the same thing yourself, many times, and feeling like it’s not that long ago.

My family have long took the mickey out of me because all the grandchildren are proper “Granddad, Granddad, Granddad Kids” As the saying goes,

If Nan says no, go and ask your granddad !!LOLL

Maybe I have never grown up myself?

Maybe I have never wanted to?

Maybe now I don’t have a choice in the matter ?

Either way, I am reminded of the Kate Bush Song
“The man with the Child in his eyes”
Maybe that’s me?

If so? Is that so bad ?

Count your blessings as they happen my friends, and please share
Much love, Norrms and family

Diagnosed aged 50 and STILL fighting it aged 57 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Man With The Child In His eyes

As my illness progress and it does unfortunately, I spend more time these trying to remember the past. This is such an awful illness as sometimes I sit and cry as I try to remember my children being born, the wonderful things Elaine and I have been through, what we have seen together, how much we have laughed and cried together, but sometimes to no avail.

Such is this cruel illness that robs you of things that we all cherish more than anything, the happy memories we remember when we try to forget the bad ones. So many of my memories these days are from my much younger days, as a schoolboy, my teenage years (Aggrh LOLL) and so forth. It’s a strange thing, knowing you have grandchildren , you watch them all around you, they bring such happiness and laughter and yet all you can remember is doing the same thing yourself, many times, and feeling like it’s not that long ago.

My family have long took the mickey out of me because all the grandchildren are proper “Granddad, Granddad, Granddad Kids” As the saying goes,

If Nan says no, go and ask your granddad !!LOLL

Maybe I have never grown up myself?

Maybe I have never wanted to?

Maybe now I don’t have a choice in the matter ?

Either way, I am reminded of the Kate Bush Song
“The man with the Child in his eyes”
Maybe that’s me?

If so? Is that so bad ?

Count your blessings as they happen my friends, and please share
Much love, Norrms and family

Diagnosed aged 50 and STILL fighting it aged 57 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Norms, thank you for the insight into your cruel condition. I'm glad you have your family around you and your Grandchildren to share the present with.

Take care,

Melly1
DEMENTIA`S
CHILDREN

< The words “Dementia “ and Children “ don’t usually go together, but the last three weeks reading posts on the “Dementia Aware” Facebook Page and other media sites, now I am not so sure, and here`s why>

Over the last three weeks or so I have read so many stories where people have posted about their mums and dads being diagnosed under the age of 60 years old and how these “Children” also have “Children” themselves. Some have called this the “SANDWICH GENERATION” which is a great analogy, but I do feel we all have our own “take” on this.

So, I suppose the question is? Is dementia more prevalent in younger people these days? And why? In my humble opinion, I don’t think it is, but what I do think is that Dementia in younger people has ALWAYS been there, but disguised, and/or/ called something else and because of today`s heightened awareness of this disease its becoming more noticeable and recognized as dementia. May have blamed Aluminium, E Additives, red meat and so on, we have heard it all, but the truth is it’s a disease that’s been around since man/woman was born.

So? What of those being diagnosed earlier? As you know I myself am “One of those people” as I was diagnosed aged 50 yrs old and now nearly 57 years old in mid-September this year.

How many of those who have been diagnosed under 60 years old ever thought for one minute the problems they were having were because of Dementia Symptoms?
What did they think when they were told this, and how did they tell their children that something which was considered “Senile Dementia” until recently was happening to them before they reach 60 years old ?

Also, how do those who I now call “Dementia`s children” cope with this news? Most of them probably have children themselves, maybe even teenagers to look after, and now they have to look after their parents as well??? How they must panic when their loved ones start to slip into late stages aged 55-60 yrs old and only find it their HORROR that there are no provisions for people this age! No care homes, no benefit system or disability rules regarding Young dementia and nowhere to turn.
Imagine this, your mum or dad who are under 60 years old have just told you they have an incurable disease, a disease which many people think that only happens to old people, (Thankfully we do know now it’s a disease of the brain and not SOLELY connected with Age). You yourself have just brought your kids up and are now teenagers. This is a time you should be kicking back and relaxing, this is a time for you and your husband, never in your wildest dreams would you have ever taken up a job as a carer, but now you are thrust into the complex world, of care, Direct payments, power of attorney and everything that comes along with this awful disease!!!

THIS IS HAPPENING MORE OFTEN now because of heightened awareness and because of Diagnosis rates of dementia going up. This is the minefield we had to get through when I was myself diagnosed only 6 years ago. The agony of telling the grown up children, the grandchildren (Where appropriate), friends and family.

HOW MANY MORE DISEASES AROUND THE WORLD CAN YOU THINK OF THAT ARE TERMINAL?????

Not that many I would bet, and yet “Dementia`s children have all this to put up with!!
So please the next time you hear people talk of Young dementia , or the next time you hear about someone, like myself who was diagnosed aged just 50 yrs old or thereabouts, please remember there are so many people , other that the person themselves who are diagnosed, that this awful disease affects. So much upset and Dementia`s ripples are felt a lot farther than you may have first thought.

We MUST Have more education about this, we MUST talk openly about this and we MUST Get people to LISTEN!! Please join us on the Official Purple Angel website and find out why we are supporting YOUNG DEMENTIA UK this year, and please remember
Together we are strong

Quote from Norrms
“”” When the day does come that a cure for dementia is found, AND IT WILL, On that day, dementia itself will become just a mere memory, how ironic is that?? !!!!! """"""
http://www.purpleangel-global.com/index.html
Dementia`s mask

This is the first time i have used this term as its a difficult one to describe. Do i wear dementia`s mask? or does it wear me? I will try to
explain.............................

To me dementia is like the "Silent Assassin" it crept up on me without me knowing and placed its mask across my face. I was a completely different person before then, more confident, more outgoing and certainly didn't worry about much in my life, until the day its mask fell upon my face. Suddenly i was lost, suddenly i felt as if i was cast adrift in a sea of despair and felt so desperately alone, even with friends and family around me. My mind feels heavy, i feel heavy with worry, and everyday seems to be never ending.
So the road i walk now is one where i wear dementia's mask, does this mean i am not really the person you see,

OR

Does it mean others only see the Mask itself and not the person behind it??

So many questions that need answers but i hope this blog will help
My own humble opinion is yes to both Questions. Unfortunately "SOME" people only see "Dementia`s Mask" and not the person behind it, BUT!! Do i sometimes hide behind the mask? Do i sometimes shy away from events and activities that i would have normally done because i know i have dementia ?? The honest answer is YES I DO !! As much as people see me on stage, confident and talking about my illness, what they dont see is when i sit, quiet, for hours, wondering, worrying how its all going to end.

I myself am guilty of hiding behind its mask sometimes, even though i dont want to, such is the hold it can have on you, such is the confidence sapping effect it has on people, not to mention the physical tiredness and weariness that covers you like a concrete overcoat.

And what of those who only see the mask?

There are times i want to scream as people ask Elaine, HOW I AM, even though i am stood there, or their voices go up two or three octaves as if i am deaf and they talk more slowly to me as if i have a hearing impediment!!!! All those people see is dementia`s mask, not me, but this illness!!

And so my friends, what the answer ?? In my own mind i spend every day fighting, shouting, screaming and trying to RIP this awful mask away from my face and throw it so far away it will never be found again. To hear the alarm go off early morning so i can get up once again and go to work would sound like "Birdsong"to me at the moment. To feel the dawn of day breathing on the back of my neck as i walked to work, not knowing what was going to happen that day would feel like heaven!! Must be very strange for some to understand, but i have been sick now for years and dont feel as if i have fulfilled my Quota!!
DEMENTIA`S MASK is upon me, but one day, when the cure comes, i will remove it, so if you ever see a very happy chappy walking and whistling his way to work, waving as he passes, give us a wave back, you never know, it might just be me !!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please share if you wish to
953 posts