[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Norrms - Page 77 - Carers UK Forum

Norrms

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
953 posts
ONLY 12 Days to vote !!

Hello all, please click on the link to listen to, and vote for the song i wrote, to hopefully be voted TORBAYS FRINGE FESTIVAL ANTHEM of 2014 !!!!
AND !! You can vote multiple times !!! and its FREE !!!
Hope you like it and please please SHARE SHARE SHARE WITH ALL YOU KNOW !!!!
Mine is song number three
Tons of love, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.palm.fm/riviera-fringe-festival-anthem/
well done Norrms and good luck :)

(glad you found us in our new format - we would have missed you :) )
SOMETIMES HAVING dementia doesn't seem that bad, please share xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was up in my home town of Bolton last week and was asked by Bolton dementia group and ASDA superstore to attend a photo session where they had arranged for many cyclists to do a sponsored cycle ride for the Purple Angel awareness campaign and another charity, of course i was happy to attend and pics will come.
(just to say that Barbary Clarke has signed up 19 Asda stores in the north west under the purple angel banner, an incredible achievement you must agree!!)
As i stood in front of the store i recognized a familiar face, one i had`nt seen for over 35 years. It was Pete who used to be a football referee and who i used to watch as i watched local football teams play just after i retired from Amateur football myself because of injury. The match with the Bowling green pub sprang to mind as i remembered he sent off three players before it descended into a free for all and the match was suspended but Pete stood tall amongst it all. So here he stood again right in front of me after all these years,
Well, when i say stood, he was actually haunched over an ASDA trolley, pushing it very slowly, with bags around his eyes, stumbling forward and looking like he was going to fall flat on his face. the sadness in his eyes said it all, with long greasy hair down his back, greying,and looking unwashed for many months. As he neared i saw him look at me and hoped he recognized me but wasn't too sure. As he passed i bent down to say hello and he smiled a smile of the tormented and said HIYA, the smell of stale alcohol and tobacco nearly knocked me over, and it was only 10 am in the morning. I myself once had a battle of my own with the dreaded drink and my heart was so full of sadness and remorse for my once upstanding and wonderfully strong friend who once faced down two teams of Sunday footballers who were to drunk to play football but not too drunk to fight each other.
I looked back as he trundled out of the supermarket , bottles in Trolley and the clinking noise ringing in my ears. Sometimes, just sometimes, dementia doesn't seem that bad compared to other peoples problems ,
Please share to show you care for others, all my love Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is an in depth Interview i did a month ago by a student from Wales, its 45 mins long, but if you do have the time, its all about my diagnosis, whats happened since and my hopes for the future, its honest, raw in places and hopefully a message of hope for many others, . Could i please ask you share this will all you know
Please click on
http://youtu.be/agyh7UzJFX8

Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxx
This is an in depth Interview i did a month ago by a student from Wales, its 45 mins long, but if you do have the time, its all about my diagnosis, whats happened since and my hopes for the future, its honest, raw in places and hopefully a message of hope for many others, . Could i please ask you share this will all you know
Please click on
http://youtu.be/agyh7UzJFX8

Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxx
NIGHT OF THE DEMON

As I stood there, fists clenched, teeth gnarled and screaming like a banshee, somewhere in the distance I could hear Elaine’s voice. I could barely make out what she was saying. It eventually became a little clearer that she was saying

“Your Safe Norrm’s” Your safe ““I`m here, you haven’t lost me “

Only minutes before I was thrashing through the water, trying to find her, trying to save her, I kept diving underwater frantically trying to find where she had gone. This happened just after we were driving up a road when a huge flood came thundering down the hill and hit us. It threw us high up into the air and down into the murky depths. Seconds turned into agonising minutes and what seemed like hours had passed as I continually screamed with lungs full of water, Elaine’s name, time and time again, but I still couldn't find her. Panic started to set in and I felt as if my whole being was being punished from within.

“Your Safe Norrms””, Hold on to me, please””, I am here, came the voice, and as I came out of my hallucination I realised I was still at home, safe in the arms of my very own Angel. This was only the start of what turned out to be one of the worst nights I have had for a long time. Earlier in the week I had seen sparrows flying around the front room and sat amazed as they flirted from chair to chair, and even smiled when one flew just past my nose. None of this was real to anybody else of course, only me, but just my Lewy Body’s disease visiting me, playing with my mind, trying to rob me of my sanity and drag me into the abyss!!

Last night was a very bad night, after what has been a very good week, no rhyme, no reason, just Lewy Body`s doing its worst!! But it hasn't reckoned on the strength of my Angel Elaine and the support I receive from oh so many. Am I tired? Hec YES!! Am I weary? Hec YES!! Are we having and early night tonight?? Hec YES!!!

ARE WE DEFEATED?? H*LL NO!!!!!!!!!

Please share, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for sharing Normms

x
As time itself i do borrow,

Sanity swinging to and fro,
Always loved, but nowhere to go,
Forever fighting the Dementia foe,
How much longer will it last?

Darkened days, Darker Nights,
Entwined within Dementia's fights,
In a never ending survival plight,
Dementia`s Shadows cast,

And yet i fight, amongst its shadow,
Yearning for a brighter tomorrow,
Emerging from this drowning sorrow,
Clinging on to life's tall mast

As time itself i do borrow,

Please share, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are still here, still listening. Lovely poem, beautifully scanned.

Thank you my friend xx
953 posts