[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Needing Dementia friendly heater recommendations - Page 3 -Carers UK Forum

Needing Dementia friendly heater recommendations

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
I see your dad has some kidney failure in addition to dementia. He might benefit by using an oxygen concentrator or by attending a clinic where he can get some HBOT.
The house seems to be one where the air inside it may be devoid of oxygen. If so then the dementia is likely to worsen during periods of sleep.
Hi David

I don't think dad does Oxygen - he screams if he ever gets any fresh air, I don't think he is short of oxygen but I will mention it to DN tomorrow.
The Hand warmers arrived and personaly I was impressed how much warmth they generated and they would be great for a dog walk in the frost or snow, only we never get snow here-ever ever :( and I haven't been cold for several years now,I even de-ice the car with no coat on and haven't worn long sleeves all through winter because dad's room is too hot and I have to keep changing. I will save them for my retirement ! Dad's reaction was - "No Way, you don't think I'm going to sit there holding a tea bag do you?!"
Last week I had to buy him short sleeved jumpers . Tonight he is complaining I haven't given him a long sleeved jumper :roll: Last week he wouldn't entertain the idea of long sleeves and told me to throw them all away (which I ignored )