[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mum had her memory test today - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Mum had her memory test today

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Mum should have a Needs Assessment, to look at the care that she needs to live well at home for as long as possible.
You have a Carers Assessment to look at what they can do to help you in your caring role.
Have a look at the CUK main index and you should find lots of information.
After a long battle I got funding for me to go to the gym.
In theory I could have had a course at the local college. I've been keen on sewing all my adult life, wanted to join a course just to give me other like minded women to chat to. They refused, on the basis that they would only fund academic courses leading to an academic qualification. I asked what more qualifications I needed, nearing retirement, with 10 O levels, 3 A levels and an Honours degree in Business Studies. No answer, but I still didn't get the sewing course!
Carol _1712 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:34 pm
What does a carers assessment achieve? I do not understand
hello Carol .... in my case a Carers Assessment achieved nothing whatsoever. It gave the SW a ride out in the countryside I guess. I made her a coffee. We talked about what I needed. She made notes and went on her way. I never got any of the things I asked for.
Very sorry to hear that Penny.
My mum was diagnosed with dementia and just before that I was diagnosed with Emphysema (COPD). I am in the process of claiming PIP but do you think the GP will forward me any info. So frustrating, I now have to keep away from my mother as she keeps going out. Life has got more stressful than ever.