[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mum died last night from Dementia - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Mum died last night from Dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Im so sorry for you loss (( hugs )) xx
Sorry for your loss too xx
So sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers x
Thank you all.
We had the funeral yesterday.It was high reqeuim mass with communion.She had chosen to be buried and I just couldn't face seeing the coffin being lowered into the ground ,so I hung back and didn't watch.It was bitterly cold and my brothers were crying ..grown men ,such a sorry sight.I managed to stroke the coffin on the way past to communion,and all I could think about was - I hope she had her socks on.I didn't want her to be buried with bare cold feet.Daft ,I know.
She is out of it now, all the pain and confusion gone.Thank God.

B.x
Im glad it went well.

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((barrowgirl)))))))))))))))))))))))))
so sorry, it's an awful experience. Lost my dad the same way last month. Hope you have plenty of support around you. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Lesley , you are only a month in so it must be hard for you too.I HATE dementia,it takes everything away and now at last it has lost her grip on her .Let's hope we dont get it .Chugging down the Thorntons while I can Image
Glad the funeral went well, Barrowgirl: not that they are ever things of great joy.

How are you doing?

Lesley - hope you're coping well?
Barrowgirl - Thorntons eh, I might try that too! When dad died the first thing I wanted to do was get rid of all the trappings of illness, and kept thinking 'he's not got dementia now'. Now I'm past that bit I find it harder because the memories of the person pre-dementia come flooding back. People say that when someone has dementia you do your grieving when they're still here, but I think I suppressed all that, didn't have time. Now it's engulfing and all the things I had no chance to deal with have come back, I'm trying to look at it as a necessary process. Hope you're getting plenty of support and able to take your time and do things however you need to. xxxx