[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mum died last night from Dementia - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Mum died last night from Dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
thinking of you barrowgirl. such a horrible disease. she is at peace now. xx
so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you
So sorry barrowgirl xxx
((Hugs)) from me too. Just be really kind to yourself for the next few days.
So sorry. The cruellest disease of all, but at least she went peacefully. Thinking of you.
i am so sorry to hear about this.... Image As one caring FT for a Dad who has recently been diagnosed with dementia I can relate to your mentioning the body closing down - some nights i go to bed wondering if he will make it thru til the morning. HUGS.....
So sorry Barrowgirl, thinking of you xx
((((((((Hugs)))))))))) sorry , thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Minnie
Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts.We have found out today her funeral is Tuesday.
We were doing shifts at the care home watching my mum - we did this for 5 weeks,night and day.I hope this isn't too gruesome for some, but if, like us, you are watching for signs of death- mum's were - her hands turned blue , swallowing and clearing her throat were massive end of life problems , the area round her mouth darkened,and she GROANED meaning she was in PAIN.She wasn't able to see or speak, just made gutteral sounds.I hope that helps someone.

God Bless all dementia sufferers and their carers,
B.x
Thanks for sharing that - I often wonder what I should expect nearer the end. Things get better then worse, better then worse.... then something else goes wrong....some days i wonder if I will find him alive or dead when i take in his early morning cuppa at 6....because he has been wheezy, or weak, or his circulation has gotten worse... the night before. I am only just begining to explore the dementia forum....